The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) Act of 1981, Regulation 21(6) provides for the conveyance of the Buildings constructed and owned by the MHADA. MHADA has constructed various buildings for providing shelter/accommodation to the different strata of the society including industrial labours and Economically Weaker Section(EWS), Lower Income Group(LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG), Higher Income Group(HIG), Industrial Labours.
During the budget session of the March 2007, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri. Vilasrao Deshmukh had declare to Redevelop old colonies of MHADA and announced 2.5 F.S.I. in equal ratio. With the redevelopment, the families residing in small houses since last three decades had a ray of hope to live in big homes. Thus the first step towards the redevelopment is conveyance.
Conveyance is nothing but transfer of property rights in the name of the Co-operative Housing Society of the Building or federation. The provision in the rule 21 of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development (Estate Management Repairs and Transfer Regulation s 1982 ) provides for the Conveyance of the buildings.
Steps involved in the Process of Conveyancing
StepsProcess of ConveyancingDepartment / Person ResponsibleWhom to Contact
Step 1Buildings whose sale price is to be decidedEngineering / Land Management
Step 2Buildings whose Society Registration is still pendingRegistrar (MHADA)
Step 3Engineering Department has to give the technical information / building plan to the respective buildingEngineering Department
Step 4Buildings whose Sale deed & Lease deeds drafts are yet to be preparedEstate Management Office / Community Development (C.D.) Wing
Step 5The draft of Sale deed & Lease deed has been sent to Society but is still lying with the SocietyCo-operative Housing Society
Step 6Society has returned the agreement, but there is dispute with respect to the land etc.Co-operative Housing Society
Step 7Society has returned the agreement, but the Estate Manager has not yet cleared the duesEstate Manager
Step 8Society has returned the agreement. The Estate Manager has informed the Society regarding the dues but Society has not yet paid the dues.Co-operative Housing Society
Step 9The Draft copy of the agreement is sent to the Legal Assistant / Department for verification purposeEstate Management - Officer on Special Duty (O.S. D) - Deputy Chief Officer - Chief Officer - Legal Department
Step 10The Draft copy of the agreement is verified by the Legal Assistant / Department and in cases where some issues are present, it is sediv>back to the Estate Management for rectification purposeFro rectifing the issues the copy is sent to Estate Manager
Step 11The Final copy of the agreement is sent to the Society for conveyance, but the Society has not returnedCo-operative Housing Society - Stamp duty if paid then it goes to Registration - then the Estate Manager gives the Final letter regardidiv>the completion of Conveyance process.
To prepare a list of tenants & for starting the process of conveyance residence of bldg should form a Co. Op. HSG Society.
- Proposed office bearer of the society should submit the name Reservation proposal to the Dy. Registrar of Co. Op. Cell Require document along with proposal such as:
- Prescribe application form
- Minutes of the meeting regarding selection of Chief Promoter
- Require document for society registration proposal
- Statement C. (1 Copy)
- Statement A/B (2 Copies)
- 66 Form X-1.
- Affidavit of 10 promoters
- By laws (4 Copies)
- Original receipt of Reserve Bank Chalan
- Scheme of the Co. Op. Hsg.
- Income & Expenditure Statement
- Original Copy of Bank Balance
- Zerox Copy of Name Reservation Certificate
- Zerox Copy of Chief Promoters undertaking
- Application form of Chief Promoters
- To Regularise the transfer cases residence should apply to concern Estate Manager through prescribe Application form
- Take the active role to conveyance the building as per MHADA Circular Dated 05/09/2008
- For the purpose of conveyance the office bearer should submit the application after register the Co. Op. Society
- Contact the concern Estate Manager & discuss the regarding conveyance process
- Arrange General Meeting of Co. Op. HSG Society for granted sanction to the Sale Deed & Lease Draft & after sanctioning the draft should send to Estate Manager for further action.
Sr. No.DepartmentTotal Bld.Total TenementsConveyance DoneConveyance yet to be done